The Vegan Oven

Monday, August 10, 2009

Vegan Lasagna!!



We had a potluck at work so I decided to bring a main dish, lasagna. This was my first time making lasagna, ever. It was quite the process, but totally worth it!!! The only thing that really took time was preparing the veggies. Once everything is mixed and you layer the goods it takes about 45 minutes in the oven.

To make this very cheesy-like I used cream cheese, nutritional yeast, tofu and mozzarella cheese. It turned out amazing! I used added oregano, itialian seasoning, fresh parsley, lemon juice, veggie broth and a bit of nutmeg. I intended to add pepper and more nutmeg but totally spaced it. Veggies used included carrots, zucchini and spinach. Can't say I'd change much about this recipe. I had thought about adding some vegan meat crumble but it really didn't need it.

The other vegan and 4 nonvegans dug it :)


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home