The Vegan Oven

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sou vegetariana. Não como carne.

So I'm starting to try my hand at some Brazilian dishes. Starting with desserts we have Brazil nut bars! I found these to be pretty easy to make, and mighty delicious. The recipe I found on fooddownunder.com included: butter, flour, salt, brown sugar, eggs, minced brazil nuts, sweetened coconut flakes, vanilla, semisweet chocolate, corn syrup and water. I always use maltitol sweetener instead of corn syrup, and it worked just fine :)

You bake this treat in layers. The first layer only bakes for 10 minutes, you add the second layer and keep it in the oven for another 30 or so minutes..be sure to keep an eye on it. The third layer is the chocolate/nut/ topping. I used a double boiler to melt the chocolate. You add the syrup, water and nuts and wahlah!




















Next up for Brazilian desserts is Docinho de coco, otherwise known as coconuts truffles!!! Known to be served at every birthday party.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home