The Vegan Oven

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Brad!!

Birthdays, I love em! Since Brad seems to enjoy pb swirl brownies I thought I'd design a cake with the same elements. I used my insert pans to make a chocolate cake with a pb chocolate swirl cake inserted in the middle. Of course I made a pb butter cream frosting.

For the frosting I used a combo of creamy pb, soy milk, powdered sugar, vanilla, tofutti cream cheese and earth balance margarine. Just mix to your desired consistency.

I have to say, I think this is the richest cake I've made. Must be eaten with a glass of soy milk for sure!

Now, my recipe would usually only bake for 45 minutes, but with this type of cake pan it should have stayed in longer :( Due to this my insert didn't stay completely together, but it will still taste scrumptious!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Rikki Cupcake said...

where are you located and why is it I have never heard of you before? I am vegan and I bake as well! (:

March 4, 2010 at 2:37 PM  
Blogger The Vegan Oven said...

hey! we are in tucson/marana, az. just recently had a name change..we can also be found at myspace.com/theveganoven. yay for vegan baking!!! :D are you in az?

March 4, 2010 at 3:34 PM  
Blogger Rikki Cupcake said...

Yeah, I live in Tempe. I bake out of my house currently but plan to open a little shop in about a year from now. Hopefully we will run into you on first friday! My boyfriend's birthday is today and his friend in Oregon just shipped us vegan donuts from Voodoo Donuts. Yum!

March 4, 2010 at 3:42 PM  
Blogger The Vegan Oven said...

oh my gosh YUM!! im jealous!!

i used to live in tempe :D we bake out of our houses right now as well but hope to open a shop! hope we see you too!

March 4, 2010 at 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home