The Vegan Oven

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Birthday Treats




I love celebrations! Today is Amy's birthday and she's asked for a layered German chocolate cake. I used two 9inch cake pans for this, although next time I may opt for 8inch to make the cake a bit thicker. I took the safe route and sprayed the pans and also dusted them with flour. I hate making something delicious and having it stick to the pan.




Itook less than 30minutes once in the oven. I let them cool in the pans for about 30minutes as well. Don't forget! Once out of the oven run a spatula or something of the sort around the edge of the pan. I try to do this with most things.
Making the frosting was fun! It's basically almond milk, sugar, cornstarch paste, coconut flakes and pecans. I actually used less coconut and pecans than I saw most recipes calling for. I also imagine you could use coconut milk and it would taste mighty fine.

A lovely ooey-gooey topping. You can bet that I was tasting this along the way. So delicious!!
I found this actually spreads best when it's warm, so don't let it get too cool!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home