The Vegan Oven

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Delivery!

A lovely lady has ordered chocolate chip cookies, Brazilian nut bars and some peanut butter cups for today. I will be bringing them to her work shortly, but thought I'd show you the yummy goodness first.
















Trying to save money, as always, I used a different egg substitute than usual. Normally I'm fine with Ener-g egg replacer, but we all know that can be pricey and actually may not always work best for some recipes. For the Brazilian nut bars I used flax meal mixed with water and a little baking powder for the eggs. It did change the color a tad for the second layer, but I think they actually taste better this way!
This was only my second time making the peanut butter cups, but I feel pretty good about them. I switched a few things up on the recipe and preparation. And they didnt even stick to the paper! People usually complain about this but I had no problems, phew! They're definitely a nice, cold treat for hot Arizona days. However, they melt quick so no slow eating here!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home